Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Morgan Hill Asset Conference
Mt. Madonna YMCA, Discovery Counseling Center, City of Morgan Hill and Morgan Hill Unified School District
Saturday, March 16, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
Morgan Hill, CA
Developmental Assets? These are crucial building blocks necessary to develop youth into thriving, successful adults.
Why? Developmental assets can only be obtained in childhood. Leaders in Morgan Hill are ready to provide opportunities for the entire community to promote these assets.
How? By offering this FREE conference for the adult role models in our community, we can begin to fuse together all of our available resources in order to build an asset-rich community for us all.
What? Become an informed adult and join us from 8am to 2pm on Saturday, March 16th. (Breakfast, lunch, and all workshops are free of charge.)
So…that Morgan Hill can set the standard for youth asset-building and promote a community full of ‘success-makers’ instead of ‘risk-takers.’
AGENDA FOR CONFERENCE*
8:30-9:00am Registration and Breakfast
9:00-9:55am Introductions and Keynote Speaker
10:00-10:45am Workshop Session #1
- Assets 101
- Preventing and Dealing with Youth Bullying
- Engaged Parents Help Their Children Thrive!
- Positive Youth Sports for Youth
- Getting Your Child to College
11:00-11:45am Workshop Session #2
- Assets 101
- Building a Community that Values Youth
- Navigating Social Networking with Your Child
- Boundaries for Young People
- YAC - Developmental Asset Builders
12:00-12:45pm Workshop Session #3
- What Teens Need to Succeed
- Straight from the Heart "Gangs" What You Need to Know
- Ways to Make Your Family Safe
- Is a Stress-Free Life In Their Future?
- Your Library
- Healthy Eating for Your Family
12:45-2:00pm Lunch/Awards/Booth Visit Time
2:00-2:45pm Youth Panel Discussion
2:45-3:00pm Closing Remarks
Pre-Registration Deadline is Tuesday, March 12. Day of registration as space permits.
*Schedule subject to change